Reflecting on the project
What I would change, do differently or tweak looking back on the project.
Being my first rewarding virtual quarter due to COVID-19, this project gave me a new appreciation for graphic design and branding. Often times in UX design, our curriculum requires us to do many similar branding and graphic design but within maybe a week or less. Dedicating 10 weeks to this process was game changing and resulted in much greater storytelling and insight.
With that being said, there is always room for improvement. Although it was not a requirement for this class to write the copy for our project, I took it upon myself to write all the copy. The subject matter could be improved, especially with the journals which referenced recent wildfires. Furthermore, I found great engagement with the poster deliverables, exhibit walls and journal sleeve, but less engagement with the journals themselves and the product. I think the cover pages to these deliverables and the content inside of them were not as compelling when compared to previous deliverables like the poster. Doing additional user testing to determine where changes could be made would be a great first step towards improvement.
Overall I was happy with the final deliverables, but exploring different ways to improve the pacing of the journals and further enhance the exhibit experience is something that I would have loved to develop given more time!